Sunday, June 30, 2013

Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil



Anyone who knows me, knows I love Italian food.  And what is one of the best ingredients to use when cooking up some Italian food?  Olive Oil!  I was lucky enough to be able to try Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil through Buzz Agent recently.  What I loved is how they explained how easy it is to substitute healthy olive oil for things you would normally use butter in.  You can even download your own printable copy of the Substitution Chart at  filippoberio.com and also get some healthy recipes to use.  Olive oil is naturally free of cholesterol, trans fat, salt, sugar, and gluten and it is rich in monounsaturated fat (the good kind).  So, feel free to substitute away!

I really like Filippo Berio EVOO.  It is light and doesn't have an overwhelming flavor.  I mainly used it to cook up veggies to throw in my recipes.  On a related note, my favorite recipe that is full of healthy veggies is this Vegan Detox Green Soup Recipe with Broccoli, Spinach and Ginger.  It is really easy to make.  The most time consuming part is just chopping up the veggies, but remember, they do not need to be perfect, you are going to puree them in the end.  Also, I don't have an immersion blender, so I just throw them into my giant food processor.  The parsnips give the soup a very unique flavor, so if you haven't used them before, I recommend using a little less and then seeing if you like them.



No comments: