Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Love Unrequited

I have a confession. I am in love.

With a body wash. I know, I know, inanimate objects can't love back. But I have a enough love for the both of us.

One problem. I can't find my lover (SoftSoap's Spa Radiant Moisture Wrap Body Wash) anywhere. Not at Walgreens, not at Target, not at CVS. Nowhere.

I. Am. Not. Happy.

First of all, let me say right now that I am in no way sponsored or affiliated with Colgate (the company behind SoftSoap). In fact, I am furious with them right now, so I don't think they would like me very much at the moment.

Everyone has that one product that they absolutely adore. The one that they just can't live without. My grandma used to buy massive quantities of Pond's Cold Cream and store them in the fridge (she said they lasted longer that way). Unfortunately, I didn't follow suit and I am now left with just half a bottle of Moisture Wrap body wash. Did I mention that I am not happy?

I have written a letter to Colgate expressing my feelings about not being able to find the product.


"I have been using Colgate products, well I am pretty sure since I was old enough to know what toothpaste is. I have never had a problem with any of your products. In fact, I have recommended them to my friends and family. But now I find myself on a frantic search to find the one body wash that I absolutely adore. My love affair with Spa Radiant Body Wash Moisture Wrap began a few years ago. My back kept breaking out because it was dry and then when I would put lotion on it, it would get too oily. My mom had bought the Moisture Wrap body wash because she had a coupon and gave it to me. Absolute heaven. I am not exaggerating, my back problems were cleared up within a few days. But now it is nowhere to be found. I am now on a Colgate boycott. I, along with family and friends, feel betrayed. You make an awesome product, we fall in love, and then you just take it away? I will be here dealing with my heartbreak and I guess I will have to try to fill the void with some other sub-par body wash, but I will always be thinking about the Moisture Wrap while I am using it. Please bring it back to the stores near me. I can't even find it on Walgreens.com anymore. If you can't bring it near me, tell me where else I can find it! I need that body wash back in my life!"

Colgate is such a massive company, I don't see my letter doing much, but it felt pretty good to share my feelings anyway.

Off to find a stupid replacement for the body wash of my dreams.

4 comments:

Props Blog Ideas said...

LOL! I can't say I've ever been so partial to a body wash. I really enjoyed your style of writing. Are you certain this product has stopped being produced? Hopefully you're able to find a new love. Remember, better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all!

Vickie said...

Hope you find something to replace the body wash. I agree that it's important to voice your opinion.

Vanessa said...

Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!! Good luck :)

Shrimp Salad Circus said...

Don't you just hate it when you get attached to something and then can't ever find it again? Bummer!